Thread: CD Burning: Media Player 11 does not recognize my burner

CD Burning: Media Player 11 does not recognize my burner

I had upgraded Windows Media Player 11. After upgrade it fails to read my CD RW Drive. When I try to import any file or simply try to burn files on DVD I am getting a error that connect a burner and then restart the player. This is a bit annoying to find why the issue appear. I cannot directly put the files in the CD/DVD rom. Also the troubleshooting is more complicated here. There is a kind of hardware failure in the system and somehow it is not working. Any idea how to fix the same.

Did you checked that your DVD RW is working. Is there any problem with that. I got the error when I had upgraded from Windows Media Player 10 to Media Player 11. After a set of upgrades there was issue while using the same. I had then installed Roxio and it started working well. It was working. The issue only lies while burning files with Windows Media Player. I am getting a error that connect the burner and restart the player.

Re: CD Burning: Media Player 11 does not recognize my burner

OK I have had the problem I was sick of media player for video and switched my default program from media to VLC no good for burning with media player 11 apparently.So the fix is go to start menu on vista and go to default programs and reset it to media player and restart your computer . Worked for mine hope you have the same problem good luck B from BC