Thread: subtitles in windows media player

subtitles in windows media player

I am not able to use the subtitles in Windows Media Player, the subtitles just dont show up in WMP. I dont know how I did it once but now I do not know how to do this again, after reinstalling Windows Vista. Can anyone tell me how to I play the subtitles in this operating system. Thanks.

RE: subtitles in windows media player

You can use VSFilter to hang subtitles for the film in any video player, subtitles are displayed correctly in almost any language, and with its help (+ VirtualDub) can sew permanent subtitles in a movie. In the program there is a lot of small adjustments that make our lives easier and more enjoyable. For example, you can quickly choose a font, size and color for your subtitles. You can also quickly move the subtitles for some time back and forth.

RE: subtitles in windows media player

I checked that tool and it seems to be a .dll file? What am I supposed to do with it?

From where did you download the software, it seems to me that you might have not downloaded the proper file. Actually, its the DirectVobSub which is simply a DirectShow filter which can be used to display subtitle. It integrates automatically with any DirectShow player like the Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, MPC-HC and others. Download it from here.