Thread: Media Player 11 continues to run in background after closing

Media Player 11 continues to run in background after closing

I am looking for some help on Media Player 11. I cannot understand what is the issue in my system. When I exist Media Player it still works in the background. I can see the service in Task Manager. Sometime there is constant audio working. I had seen many video file keeps on playing and there is no program shows in Task Bar. I have to re-open media player and end it back again. I need some help here to find a solution for it. Does anyone has faced a similar kind of issue. Thanks.

RE: Media Player 11 continues to run in background after closing

There is one way to deal with the issue. You will need to re-install Windows Media Player once again. That is one of the best way to find a proper solution. After re-installation only the problem will be fixed. You can directly try to install Media Player over existing installation. There can be some settings which are causing Media Player to keep working it in the background. Try to check in Preferences.

Re: Media Player 11 continues to run in background after closing

I am facing the same issue. I had removed and installed the same tool two times and still the problem persist. I cannot figure out what is the exact problem in this player. Media Center works well, but there is some problem with it. I had verified all the settings. The most common behavior of application is that when you click on the close button on top left it exist. This is not happening. I am sure there is some kind of settings which is causing the failure.

Launch CMD and then run sfc /scannow. This command will verify the system files and replace if there is any corrupt found. It will take time. It is necessary that you run in admin mode. There can be problem with your system also. Go in Event Viewer and check out the logs. There will be detailed information mentioned on the issue that you are getting. You can then try to troubleshoot the same.

I am using a 64bit edition of Windows Vista Ultimate. I had installed Windows Media Player 11 on it. I am not able to understand the reason behind what has happened. It is a bit complicated to find why Windows Media Player is reacting in such a way. I am not irritated with the background play, but there is problem with the multimedia files. I had installed some third party codecs in my system and that too fails to work properly.

Go in the settings and check the audio enhancement. It is necessary that you disable them once and then go for other options. Number of time it happens that the audio enhancement does cause media player for getting blocked in between. I have a Vista system and I was getting the problem of Media Center. It keeps on playing audio in the background. I restored it olds settings and it was fine. It stopped working on exist.

Try system restore. This is a weird issue. Did you tried pressing Alt + F4. This also closes the application which you do not want to run. If this also does not work then the problem lies with Windows itself. A number of time background play is turned on and on that you get this problem.

Is there any portable device attached to your system. If yes then due to what Windows Media player failed to turn off. The portable device is causing it to work in the background. You can eject that and check whether it is working well or not. There can be some streaming option or settings also that block media player for getting turn off.

Run Windows Update. I think that will help you. Windows Update will offer you a set of new settings that can manage to keep your system updated. Also it fixes a number of common issues that are found in windows. There are chances that some video codec in the system is causing the failure. You must try to check for new codec one more time and then test it again. I am sure it is going to work well.