Thread: DRM Problem -Security Component Upgrade

DRM Problem -Security Component Upgrade

I cannot find DRM solution in my system. I am using Real Network Phasody. Somehow there is a drm issue in the system. Each time I found a security component upgrade on the system. Anytime when I open a website it redirects me to the security component upgrade. I do not want to run that. Any idea about fixing that.

It is one you basically to run update or not. You can ignore that if you want. But I think running the same can block access to the media files. There are options available through which you can get rid of DRM components. You must also ensure trusted site in the browser. You can manually add the website under trusted settings and then check back whether you are facing the issue or not.

Go in the log files and check the issue on the same. If windows is prompting you get new updates then you can run the same. The drm issue is common with media files that has no proper certification. The issue appear mostly on the files that you had created in your own system.

drm issue

I don't know whether my fix will help or not. I just upgraded my motherboard and was encountering the same issue. Nothing else seemed to be working so I renamed my drm folder, closed IE, and then revisited the web site to upgrade the security component - it worked. I'm guessing that I've lost some rights to any licenses issued under the prior DRM files - guess I'll find out soon.

The steps I took:

1) made the DRM file visible: (Start, my computer, tools, folder options, click "show hidden files" and uncheck "hide protected operating system files (recommended)")

2) found the DRM file under c:, documents and settings, all users.

3) renamed "DRM" to "Backupdrm" by right clicking.

I had accidentally installed that update. After that there was some issue with the system. I am using Windows Media Player 8. When I found the same I removed it from Control Panel. Still the issue was no fixed. I was not able to reset the DRM. I had tried to run system restore and still the issue persist.

cant rename DRM folder

Alright i've been reading online about various ways to fix this dam DRM problem but i cant even get that far. I've already added to my trusted sites and i'm trying the renaming trick. only problem is that i keep getting any error message everytime i try to rename the DRM file.
    It says:
    The Registry Edit cannot rename DRM. Error while renaming key.

Does anyone know what this means and how i can remedy the situation?

Re: DRM Problem -Security Component Upgrade

To get the button ungrayed out you have to enable the RMGetlicense class add on. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Manage Add-Ons/
    Then select Add-On that have been used bt internet explorer from the drop drown which it should defaut to. Then select the RMGetlicense Class and click on enable. retstart browser.

yes i work on this plob.. for 36 hr. till I got it to work right, This is what I did to fix it...After you fin it DELETE the file (DRM File) then you wil be abale to do the up date..

a Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    b On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
    c Click Show hidden files and folders, and then click to clear the Hide (OPEN) protected operating system files check box.

in windows XP sp3 Ver.2002 (windows media player 11) Do it just like it says, step by
    Step. Then delete the OLD DRM folder!!
    …. Then do the up date that it asks you to do …..I will then Pick up your Device
    like XBOX360 through media share or any other derives that goes through a GATEWAY
    Through media share it..

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    If I remember correctly from when I analyzed that page more closely, the
    things that can cause that button to be grayed out are the wrong version of
    WMP (7.0 or earlier) - probably not an issue, or not being able to run the
    javascript that should enable the button. Make sure your browser is
    configured to allow javascript. Make sure you open the site in IE 6 or
    later, not Firefox or Mozilla or any other alternative browser.

If none of the above solves the problem, try adding the site to your trusted
    sites zone by clicking Tools->Internet Options and then go to the Security
    tab. Click Trusted Sites in the box at the top and then click the Sites
    button. Add the update site you're on to that list. You may have to restart
    the browser to see if it helps.

Let us know if any of this helps or not.
    dale: The last solution worked for me! Quote: "try adding the site to your trusted sites zone by clicking Tools -> Internet Options and then go to the Security tab. Click Trusted Sites in the box at the top and then click the Sites button. Add the update site you're on to that list."

Did that and now IT WORKS!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!! :)