Thread: Remote Control for Vista Premium Home Edition

Remote Control for Vista Premium Home Edition

I already have a OEM XP Media Center remote. It works quiet well. I had no upgraded to Windows Vista and needs a remote that will support it. The old one is not working in Vista. It is detected in Device Manager and looks like it is installed. The IR is also identifying the remote, but in Media Center nothing happens. I cannot navigate to menus and play videos. As it is a quiet old remote it better to replace it and get a new one. I am looking for OEM remote only that works with Windows Vista Media Center.

You can find that on the official website of Microsoft. That is the place where you can find a compatible media center remote for 2005. It is available online and works properly. But still you can try some steps to fix the problem of using your old remote. Try a different usb port. I think a OEM remote for Windows XP also works well for Windows Vista. You have to update the drivers and arrange some new settings for the same. If that does not work then you can try to find proper OEM remotes on the official site of microsoft itself.

I am using my old XP MCE remote on my Vista MCE. It works. But it is for limited time only. Once I had performed windows update and all settings were wiped out. I cannot use remote on vista media center. There is a hardware issue in the system and still the problem exist. Later on I bought a new model that was compatible with Vista MCE and it started working. Only if the IR receiver is installed properly the remote works well and there is no problem at all.