Thread: XBOX 360 can't connect after CableVision setup

XBOX 360 can't connect after CableVision setup

I am having Windows Vista with Media Center, Xbox 360 and Linksys BEFSR41 router. Xbox 360 was connected with my Media Center via router and I was able to access all my media files on xbox until 2 days ago when I switched DSL connection to Cablevision's Optimum online using Scientific Atlanta (model DPX2203) cablemodem. I don’t know what went wrong now all my set up has stopped working.

So far I’ve tried all I know but nothing works. Here are details of my setup. Xbox is having IP address on the network and has the gateway pointing to address 192.168.1.1. On my vista PC (media Center) I’m able to see my xbox 360 when cable modem is turned off but xbox cannot see media center. If I turn on cable modem Media Center cant connect Xbox any more.

Can anyone help me out with this? Many thanks.

RE: XBOX 360 can't connect after CableVision setup

First of all you should turn off all Firewalls on your system. By term “All” I mean windows firewall as well as your routers firewall which can be accessed by typing 192.168.1.1 in address bar. Once turned off, try connecting and access media center on Xbox and vice versa. If still you facing problems then just make sure to turn off internet connection sharing on your media center PC< and making sure the Xbox is plugged directly into the router. The reason behind this is to let Xbox get Ip Address on its own.

Additional note: because the firewall in your router is on the WAN/public
    side, it will not impact connectivity between your PC and Xbox (both of
    which are on the LAN/private side)

did u ever figure out the solution to this problem? I have the same exact problem with cablevision and the modem.