Thread: CD Burner won't work - Windows media player 11

CD Burner won't work - Windows media player 11

I use Windows Media Player 11 on my computer to burn cds without any problems for many years, but recently it started giving me problems. I opened WMP 11 and then inserted the blank CD into the CD drive and started the burning process by adding some files that I wanted, but nothing happened. When I checked the Burn List then it was giving me some error "connect a burner and restart player". Can anyone tell me what does this means and how to fix this issue? Thanks

Which operating system you have installed in your computer and what computer specifications do you have? Did you check to make sure that all the cables plugged in securely in the back of your optical drive? Are you able to play any audio cds or video from the same drive? As per the error, it could be that the drive is not connected properly or the proper drivers or codecs are not installed.

Even I was facing this similar type of issues on my computer but the error message that I was getting on WMP 10. So, I turned off my computer and then unplugged the burner that I was using and then restarted the computer and again turned it off, then plugged the power cord back into the burner and restarted the machine again. From that time, the burner started to run fine without any issues.

Re: CD Burner won't work - Windows media player 11

I had exactly the same problem today. Last night all was fine and now today i can't burn CD's...how could this happen overnight? Nothing has been touched, changed or altered. Updates are all up to date and i check drivers/codecs on a regular basis.
    I have automatic downloads but i haven't had any for days now so it can't be that. I'm now puzzled as are several others.