Thread: MANUAL CHANNEL ASSIGNMENTS IN Vista Media Center

MANUAL CHANNEL ASSIGNMENTS IN Vista Media Center

What are the options available to configure manual channel assignment. I am talking about Windows Media Center here. I had already give to work with that. I am using a user guide which is capable of providing a manual option to build up channel list. I am sure there is a way for that. The channels that I am talking about is all atsc channels. On web I found a option to edit the channel ilst. A xml file called as atscchannels.xml is located inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\EPG\prefs. I think this can be helpful. Is there any other possible way to do this.

That can be buggy. If you made any mistake I think you would lost all your channels. It will be complicated for you to restore them back again. It is necessary that you can keep the backup of that .xml file and restore it back when needed. It not at all complicated to find a working way for the same. There are also a number of different option available that can guide you to deal with the process.

You just need the right frequencies to get the channel list right. There is no module nor any application available that can do the job. And a number of time the channel fails to works. This makes the job more complicated. Somehow I am trying to build a proper user guide that has ample of option that really works. I need some help here. I am not able to get the right resources from web about this.