Thread: How to fix media center ehrecvr.exe error

How to fix media center ehrecvr.exe error

I had formatted my system and installed Windows from scratch. But each time when I try to run the setup I am getting a error and due to which everything fails to work properly. The error is related to MSVidCtl System Broadcast Message Receiver: ehRecvr.exe - Application Error. The error report was sent to Microsoft. I am waiting for a valid fix for the same, but nothing is received yet. I hope there is some kind of patch available for that. Can anyone guide me to find a proper patch to block this error completely.

The error looks to be related with some internal hardware. Do you have a TV Tuner card inside your system. At start when you are configuring everything from scratch remove the card and disconnect all the hardware. Run the setup and update all the drivers. Once it is done you can then connect any additional pci card or other hardware. Windows will prompt you for the driver and run the same. Do not forget to run Windows update after that. Windows update will give you more fixes and updates to deal with the problem.

I think the problem is with some codecs in your system. This type of error appears only if there is a TV tuner card. You can try to run windows update or arrange some new codec pack for the system. This codec pack will help you to avoid the error. I searched on web and found that the .exe file that you had mentioned is Media Center Receiver Service. It is the primary module that run play tv on the software. It looks you had also kept your cable tv connected to the tv tuner card. Just disconnect all and update the drivers.