Thread: There is no folder visible in Windows Media Center network

There is no folder visible in Windows Media Center network

I think someone can hopefully help me here . I need some help in working with Xbox and finding the shared folders on common network. Media sharing fail to work properly here. I am not able to monitor any folder in Windows Media Player. I cannot understand how will it work. I tried to manually add the folder but still it is not working. There are some music files and also video folders. But that too is also not working. It looks there some issue with file permission here and I hope I can get the same easily on Xbox.

This is a sharing problem with my Xbox. You are not able to access any folder and even the multimedia files. You can try adding all the files manually. It is recommended that you disable the firewall services and other security software and then recheck the same once again. A number of time public folders are shared and they are easily visible. You have to transfer your media files in that and then check the same. You can try reconfigure all file sharing through proper network sharing support and see it again.

I am also having the same kind of issue. Windows Vista media center with Xbox is one of the most problematic setup. There is a common bug with file sharing on Xbox network. It is necessary that you must ensure that your network has no restrictions at all. Allow everyone to access anything and then see it will work. Windows Vista imposes a set of security policies due to which external devices fails to connect and does not give proper file access.

re: There is no folder visible in Windows Media Center network

I tried to fix the same but still it is not working. It looks Xbox has on settings to work with Vista.