Thread: Why can't I rip mp3's with WMP10?

Why can't I rip mp3's with WMP10?

I am getting an error message if I try to rip a CD to Mp3 format in Windows Media Player 10, the error states that "Windows Media Player cannot rip the track because a compatible MP3 encoder is not installed on your computer. Install a compatible MP3 encoder or choose a different format to rip to (such as Windows Media Audio)". Anyone can help me out or not?

Did you try to go to tools >> options >> file type and then checked if mp3 is checked or not, either check it or check all and then apply. This will definitely help you out.

The solution for this problem is to go to Windows Media Players Tools >> Options >> Rip music menu and then choose anything that 128kbps in the drop-down. After that try to delete the registry value "LowrateSample" which might be under the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\Mp3Encoding. Incase the same value is not existing then you may have to make that the "PreferredCodecPath" at that location that is pointing to "l3codecp.acm".

Re: Why can't I rip mp3's with WMP10?

Thanks you so much for you very easy and clear reply and fix
    Worked perfectly all I did was click on copy MP3 files how easy was that!!!!
    I so appriciate folks like you my husband was about to download some new software etc...
    Not sure if you will ever even ready this bbut I registered here just to say thanks you!!!