Thread: Need help with "Connect a burner and restart the Player" error mes

Need help with "Connect a burner and restart the Player" error mes

Hi, I have a Windows XP SP2 system running with Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2. My computer has pretty good config including MD Athlon 64 4400, 2GB RAM, and NEC 3550A DVD/CD-RW burner. I want to burn an Audio CD through Windows media Player. But when I try doing the same by clicking on BURN tab in WMP, I get the following error message:

“Connect a burner and restart the Player.”

I have burned many CDs using Nero on this same PC and burner attached but don’t know why Windows Media Player is not detecting it and acting like there is no burner in this system. Is it because of Beta 2 version? Is there any solution for this?

Re: Need help with "Connect a burner and restart the Player" error mes

Are you having any softwares like Roxio Drag to Disk or Sonic DLA installed on your computer? If yes, you will need to disconnect it because they interfere with WMP burning. Simply right-click on the drive and choose "Disable drag to disk for this drive." If still you getting the problem then make sure that the burner is compatible with your operating system. Also ensure you're using CD-Rs, not CD-RWs (CD-RWs don't work on most consumer players).

Re: Need help with "Connect a burner and restart the Player" error

Hello Dalbire, simply go to Device Manager and uninstall your burner (NEC 3550A). Restart the computer and wait for few minutes. Let windows detect the drive again and install all required drivers. Once it is done, try burning again and see if you are getting the error yet. Doing this has worked for many people including me, so it should work in your case as well.