Thread: ehExtHost.exe error when starting Media Center

ehExtHost.exe error when starting Media Center

Last week I bought a new Windows Media Center 2005 based HP Media Center TV PC. Since then today was the first day when I tried opening Windows Media Center. But in the very first time itself, I got an error message stating “Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.” When I click OK, Media Center works fine without any problems.

I happened 3 to 4 times so far and am not able to get the cause of the problem. Is there anyone who came across this before? Is there any fix for the same?

re: ehExtHost.exe error when starting Media Center

Yes, I’ve been through this problem earlier and managed to fix the same successfully. IN my case the cause of the problem was Norton Anti Virus. I received my new desktop with one year Norton subscription. After a year I downloaded a third party tool to remove Norton Antivirus and since then I was getting this error.

After lots of research somebody suggested me to download proper removal tool from Norton site and remove Norton. I did the same, restarted PC and since then never had this error again with Media Center.

See if there is something like this in your case as well.

re: ehExtHost.exe error when starting Media Center

Hello dude, instead of trying out anything else, simply check out this MSDN article describing solutions for ehExtHost errors while launching Media Center: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...ia-center.aspx. They have described it very well with various solutions.