Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista Media Center and Xbox 360 Extender

MediaCenter

Old 09-07-2006

Vista Media Center and Xbox 360 Extender

I want to setup Xbox 360 on Windows Vista 64 bit machine as an extender but am getting only partial connectivity. When I first setup Vista beta then I was able to turn on the Xbox on Vista and it was shown immediately and set up media connect automatically but it was not working for media center. So, now I found the option to set up an extender and it even listed the XBOX but it was not setup. So, then I ran the wizard but it failed saying that the extender communication error and try to restart the computer and extender and run setup again. So i searched for some solutions online and found out that we need to delete the old extender software on the Xbox from XP MCE and then only Vista will give it the new one. But when I tried to do it, it still didnt work and I was getting the same result. Can anyone please help.

Old 09-07-2006

Re: Vista Media Center and Xbox 360 Extender

Vista has all the software for the Xbox 360 extender and there is no need to install the Xbox 360 Extender software for MCE 2005 since it will not work in Vista. You should check the network category that should be set to Private to add an Extender. You can do the same in the Network Center by following the below method:
  1. First of all go to control panel
  2. After that choose "Network and Internet"
  3. Now you have to choose "Network Center"
  4. After that in the network details section, Choose "Switch Category" until the network category says "private network".
  5. Lastly you have to restart task to Add Extender
Old 25-09-2007

here the help

You will need to click Start and then Click Network and then right click on Xbox 360 a little menu will pop down, simply click install and let it install once done, after that go back to media center and finish setting up it. Hope this helps

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter