Thread: Can't Download Album info

Can't Download Album info

This is windows XP computer running with Windows Media Player 11 Beta. I recently re-installed windows with all softwares due to some reason. Earlier I wasn’t having any problem with WMP but after the re-install I’m no more able to download Album info. Whenever I try to update either MP3's or insert a CD, I get an error message saying:

“You must be connected to the Internet to update information about the Audio CD you have selected”

I know it is saying me internet connection problem but let me tell you that my computer is connected with broadband connection and I’m to browse, chat, etc. Then why only problem with WMP?

Re: Can't Download Album info

I’ve become very well aware of this problem because I struggled lot with the same on my three different computers recently. Only the common thing in all three systems was Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 and WMP 11 beta. I also noticed that it is trying to contact metaservices.microsoft.com, which I think may be incorrect - it should be metaservices.windowsmedia.com. So the problem is the combination of IE beta and WMP beta.

RE: Can't Download Album info

Just found a solution: In IE, Tools/Internet Options/Connection/Setup. Run the Set up Wizard again. It fixed the problem with WMP connecting to the web...don't know why, but it did.

In WMP click Tools > Options > Player tab and ensure that the 'Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands)' box is ticked. Simple.

If your using high speed internet such as Comcast you have to go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings Unselect the proxy server if you have that set. Then everything should work.