Thread: Windows media player 11 ripping problem

Windows media player 11 ripping problem

I need some help to rip cds in Windows Media Player. I am getting a error while doing that. The error number is C00D10D2. It keeps on appearing while I click on rip cd. There is no problem with the CD. It is proper and I can view the songs in My Computer. The same disc works on my laptop without problem. It looks there is some kind of serious bug in the system which is causing the failure. Any idea how to fix it. Thanks.

If you change the format from MP3 to WMA, it will rip correctly. I dont know why.

did you ever solve the problem? even when I change the format to mp3 or other it doesn't rip.

this worked like a charm thanks for the advise!

ripping mp3 in media player

Try this.

click the small arrow under sync, then select more options, then highlight audio Cd, click properties, then tick the "use error correction box" and apply. It worked for me.

Good luck.

Thanks Bootdisk, I have been beating my head against this computer trying to get a cd ripped for 2 days. It seems the older virisons of media player worked faster and with less tweaking than the newer ones. billydkidd

I had the same problem. I clicked the little down arrow under RIP and increased the bit rate. It started ripping right away.

I had the same problem. I clicked the little down arrow under RIP and increased the bit rate. It started ripping right away.

Hi, I'm having the same problem...can't rip on WMP 11.

I "rolled" back to 10, but it still won't rip. The runtime part of WMP 11 is still in the "PROGRAM" file...wondering if it would be safe to remove that from the programs and then REINSTALL WMP 10 from the Microsoft website.

It's very frustrating to not be able to rip songs...especially when I paid for them already and put them on a CD for later use.

Thanks for any help. Not computer savvy, so please be kind and "simple" in your reply. ;o)

You can try reconfiguring Windows Media Player once again. It will help you. I think there is some internal problem with ripping. There can be some system file issue because of which you are getting the error. You can try to run Windows Update to find appropriate fix or simply re-install Windows Media Player once again to find out a proper solution.

C00D10D2 ripping problem

1.open windows media player
    2. click tools
    3.next options
    4. devices
    5. highlight audio cd drive
    6. click properties
    7. select digital and use error correction on Playback the same on the rip portion
    8. click apply
    and probably you can rip the cd.

My Windows Media will sometime rip from a CD fine and at other times as soon as I try to rip the player seems to crash (not respond). Or, it will rip one CD and after I upload it to my Sansa Clip mp3 player, I can't rip another CD because the Media Player will quit responding. When this happens, I can't even get on the Internet and have to reboot the PC. Has anyone else had this happen? Any solutions?

Re: Windows media player 11 ripping problem

The error correction option did not work. Changing from 128 to 192 worked. However, I want to rip 128 for a lot of CDs, so how do we resolve this error message and keep 128 bitrate?

Re: C00D10D2 error

hi! thanks a mil for your answer im a oap still learning and thanks to you
    im now a ripper ge ta man.

Re: ripping mp3 in media player

Quote Originally Posted by bootdisk View Post
    Try this.

click the small arrow under sync, then select more options, then highlight audio Cd, click properties, then tick the "use error correction box" and apply. It worked for me.

Good luck.
    Thank you.It worked perfectly for me too.
    Excellent tip.

Shadowghost