Thread: Repetitive Media Center Receiver Service error messages

Repetitive Media Center Receiver Service error messages

I am constantly getting a error on media center pc. The error says that Media Center Receiver Service has encountered a problem and need to close. I keep on getting the error whenever I try to start the same. I tried to find information on microsoft website. But still there is no update available on the same. I want to know that anyone has any idea on this.

Has anyone got a working solution on this. I am also getting the same kind of error and still facing the same issue. I tried to find a appropriate answer for the same, but there is nothing available. All says that the problem can be fixed by re-installing media center. And yet I am not aware of doing this. I got everything preconfigured here. There was drivers installed and everything was working fine. The media center error message keeps on annoying me evreytime when I start it.

Re: Repetitive Media Center Receiver Service error messages

Did you upgraded any hardware or added new patches or updates. If yes then try to roll out old settings. You can start by running system restore. This option helps you to get your old settings back and with that. The media player network sharing settings is also responsible for the same. It is necessary that you can find the cause of service getting terminated. It can be due to driver bug or also due to internal software problem. Try to re-install everything back again.

I am using Windows Media Center 2002 SP3 edition. I am getting video error on it. The media center is installed properly. But when I try to restart the same I am getting a error on it. First the error begin with cannot run video file. There is a video error in the same. Everything is installed correctly. The issue was fixed by updating video drivers. Also the error appears commonly if you are trying to play some corrupt files in the system. Check that the video or audio file that you have much be proper.