Thread: Media Center Receiver Service has encounted a proper error

Media Center Receiver Service has encounted a proper error

I am facing a a issue with error on Media Center. The error is about Media Center Receiver. The error says that media center receiver faced a problem and it has to be closed. I had send the error report to Microsoft but yet not got any updates. The error keep on appearing after every 5 to 10 seconds. What receiver it is talking about. It appears mostly when I try to run Media Center Live TV. Is this can be due to antivirus also.

This kind of error appear when there is outdated drivers in your system. It is recommended that you must update your TV tuner or video card drivers. Update the same and then check once again. The Media Center does not find proper drivers and due to which it is unable to play live tv. You can find a set of more details in Event Viewer. That is the place where you can get more details and troubleshoot the same when needed.

Go in safe mode and perform system restore. This error appeared because your system does not has proper updated drivers and due to which it crashed. There might be some possible way to fix the same. I had got the error after when updated itself automatically and installed some unwanted updates. It is a bit irritating now. But somehow after running system restore things went back to normal.