Thread: Class not registered (HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Class not registered (HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

I got a VB 2005 that I am using to create a form which has two Windows Media Player but am getting a runtime error that says "System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled. An error occurred creating the form." I am not playing anything immediately and the issue happens while loading the form before trying to play anything. In C# this used to work. This project uses sound files that is created via Directx. The problem that I am facing is that VB cannot run a form containing WMP 10, and when I delete the players then the form will load. VB 2005 is also telling me that DirectX is not properly installed when looking for toolbox components and I have already installed the DirectX SDK. Can anyone give me some suggestions to correct this issue? Thank you.

Re: Class not registered (HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Can you please tell us what CLSID you are using? Incase you found out how to make it, then please write a message about the solution.

Re: Class not registered (HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

I have not used any CLSID, but have done simple form drag and drop. The control is not perfectly registered might be due to the Microsoft installation process and the code that I have might have the same issues on pc with similar installations. I was trying to find out a CLSID in the Registry and project files and am using AxInterop.WMPLib.dll and Interop.WMPLib.dll version 1 in the project.

Re: Class not registered (HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

I have never heard about "AxInterop", but I believe that the simple "drag and drop" does nothing at all. I think that if you install WMP 9 then it will register itself, but you must use this CLSID to call it via WMP.OCX, for same you can try to have a look over here -

i donĀ“t know "AxInterop", but simple "drag/drop" does nothing.

yes if you install e.g. WMP 9 it will register itself, but you must use this
    CLSID
    to call it trought WMP.OCX

have a look here - http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...layer10sdk.asp