Thread: Cannot delete folder - being used by another process????

Cannot delete folder - being used by another process????

I am trying to find a possible solution for this problem. I was able to find out how to go in the command prompt and then close the Windows Explorer and delete it that wat, but I want this to stop. Whenever every 4th or 5th directory I try to move or delete, I get the error that it is being used by another process. The files all move without any problem from inside the folder but then the folder will not go away and it will say that it is being used by another process. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Cannot delete folder - being used by another process????

Can you try to close all programs which are open and then copy or move the file with Windows Explorer only. When any program or process is using the files, then you wont be able to move the same file. You will also not able to move or delete any system file while windows is running.

Re: Cannot delete folder - being used by another process????

Download a tool called Unlocker that helps you to determine what process or application prevents you from deleting one or more files, a scenario frequently encountered. Sometimes it is simply an application that uses the file in question (in the case of a Word document or Photoshop, for example), but it can also be a process that might be less obvious to detect. You can kill the process and also "unlock" the file without closing the application when it is possible.