Thread: ad2mpegin.dll of Adobe Premiere Elements 2 ruins media Center PC!

ad2mpegin.dll of Adobe Premiere Elements 2 ruins media Center PC!

I am constantly getting error after installation of Adobe Premiere Elements 2 in my system. I am using a Media Center 2005 PC at my home. The setup was proper. At the time of installation there was no error. It appear a few seconds later when the installation was over. The error was -- ActiveMovie Window: ehExthost.exe - Unable To Locate Component. It showed some ad2mpegin.dll failed to start. I had installed Adobe from a DVD that I had bought recently. So the problem can be with the DVD itself. I just want to confirm here that this is not a windows bug.

You have to manually copy the adompegin.dll in the folder of Adobe Premiere located inside Program files. The application failed to launch as the dll file mentioned in the error is either corrupt or missing. So you just need to replace that and it will work. If still the error appears after copying the file then put one copy in System32 folder also. You can try to run a repair setup one more time. This repair setup replaces the existing file and ensure that your application perform well.

I faced the issue on Windows Media Center 2005. I tried to re-install the software back again but it was not solved. Later on I re-installed media center and it started working. There is no problem at all. This kind of issue appear commonly when the setup is not able to copy files inside the system. Replacing the file can solve the issue but it is not easy to figure out the actual location. Media Center re-installation has solved my issue. I will advice you to follow some common steps first and then go with re-installation setup.

To get a bit more detail on the error there is one place where you can find more information. You have to go in Event Viewer > Logs. There you will be able to find more description on it. There is also chances that the edition of Adobe Premiere you own is not compatible with Media Center edition or there is some missing file in the setup. There are number of different possibilities.