Thread: Windows Media Center fails to detect TV Tuner after update

Windows Media Center fails to detect TV Tuner after update

There was a issue with Windows Media Center. There was some fresh updates which were performed last night. Once the updates was done the TV tuner card failed to work. Windows Media Center is not able to detect any live tv. I am bit irritated about the same. I tried to roll the update back but still it is not working. I had also updated the drivers but still it is not working.

Try to run system restore. That is one of the best option by which you can get your old settings back and it simply works well. I had tried to checked the same properly after running updates because in my case TV Tuner was working but album art was gone. I had run system restore and things went back to fine. This is one of the best way to restore old settings back.

Go in Device Manager and check that there you can see any uninstalled hardware. You can try to update that directly from there. That is the best place from where you can update the drivers. If the TV tuner card is installed and Windows Media player is not detecting it then you have to either re-install it back from try to reconfigure everything from scratch.