Thread: Msi error while opening a document in Document Viewer

Msi error while opening a document in Document Viewer

I am using Movie Maker in Windows. I got this error when trying to open a project in it and somehow it failed to open properly and crashed. I am not able to find any option to re-install the same. This is a some kind of problem with the system. The same video is working well on other media player. Any hint on it.

I am getting the same error. I checked in Control panel but not able to find unintsaller for Movie Maker. So I downloaded a fresh copy from the web and installed it over the same. It started working. There is no issue at all. There is issue with some internal msi file. It is a system file and it is recommended that you run the fresh file setup. It is not at all complicated to find the setup for it. Even system restore can help you here.

I went to start up and I dont have HP IMAGE ZONE FAST START in the list. Now what should I do? Because of this document viewer problem, its messed up my HP director. I dont have the scanning option anymore and sometimes when I click on HP director it makes everything big on my screen.

i just removed everything in ADD/REMOVE that had anything to do with HP ImageANYTHING....i don't use them anyway, and when you go to remove them, it'll say don't if you have any of the following...then it lists stuff that if you don't have, what the hell, remove 'em!!! NO MORE DOCUMENTVIEWER.MSI problems after doing so. hope this helps!

Try to run system restore. This is one of the best option to fix the issue. It looks some recent changes has caused the error. If still it does not work then you can backup your data and try to run a repair setup. There are many tools which are much better compared to Movie Maker and work faster also.

I had the same documentviewer.msi problem. It's definately related to the software for a HP all-in-one. I think it may have been accidentally removed from my computer by an AdAware scan. I fixed it as follows:

Insert the software CD that came with your all-in-one.
    Go to "my computer".
    Right click on the drive the CD is inserted in.
    Select "search".
    Search for documentviewer.msi
    When it is found, right click on it and select "install"

Problem corrected!

HP also has a web page related to this problem.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3351220

I hope this helps......

Did you have any other document voewer product installed. I had same issue when I installed the viewer from web. It replaced my Documentviewer.msi file with its own file and asscoiated documents with itself. Try setting its attributes in preferences to set it up.