Thread: Messed UP IR Remote control

Messed UP IR Remote control

I have got Windows XP Media Center Edition setup on my computer and I also have the RC6 remote control and the OVU 4003/00 IR transreceiver. Everythign was working properly till today. But all of a sudden I got something in installing optional updates via Windows Update and based on the if I think that even if I install it anyway then it is not going to cause any kind of problem for me. But after installing it, certain keys on the remote are not working and mostly the stop and back keys. I was thinking that creating a restore point would have been sensible for me, so that I could roll back any changes. But I dont know what went wrong and the restore point is not existing anymore. When I checked in device manager then I found out that I now have a driver for "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" that is under human interface devices and there is no option to disable it as well. Can anyone help?

Re: Messed UP IR Remote control

Even I am facing similar issue and I think that this problem is caused by a Windows Update. I will try to uninstall the updates one by one and see if that would work.

Even I am having similar issue. When I installed the updates on my new Media Center 2005 machine then my remote lost function of the arrow and "OK" keys. I asked Dell about this issue and have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but to no avail. I have also cleaned all registry of all Media Center entries and re-configured it as well but still nothing. Hope to get a solution soon.