Thread: Where to find XBMC for 64-bit version OS

Where to find XBMC for 64-bit version OS

Is XBMCbuntu merely 32bit, or determine to it offering to install a 64bit kernel. I you desire a 64bit xbmcbuntu you are going to have encompassed to create your own. That is by far the dumbest thing XBMC did how numerous 32 bit PC's have encompassed and been completed in the last 5 years. So why might a dev support 32 bit when it is so antediluvian. Even Ubuntu commencing from side to side the upcoming Pangolin went to 64 bit as the default install.

Re: Where to find XBMC for 64-bit version OS

The first lots of atoms were merely capable of working with 32bit code, which is a large fraction of the xbmc user base. Commencing from what I have encompassed and read being 32bit or 64bit creates no difference through xbmc and commencing from side to side 32bit they are supporting the lowest common denominator.

The Xbmc compiles in a 64bit surroundings and installs extremely well into a 64bit os commencing from the xbmc ppa. My laptop, desktop and htpc the entire run 64 bit Ubuntu and I have encompassed and utilized both methods to install xbmc. Commencing from side to side oneiric and Eden my htpc is the best its ever been.

I do not go subsequent to what you are saying; do you recommend inaugurate XBMC beneath 32bit OS or 64bit OS. My initial query was not whether XBMC be supposed to be specifically built for 64bit architecture, additional than whether the kernel that to facilitate XBMCbuntu ships through might be 64 bit. No xbmcbuntu is 32bit and I am 90% convinced you might not be capable to install a 64bit kernel, consequently why I was saying if you desire a 64bit xbmcbutu you are going to have to create your own.

As to which I recommend it the entire depends. Do you necessitate a 64bit os. The devs have encompassed and said it creates virtually no difference through xbmc. I have encompassed a 64bit minimal Ubuntu install through xbmc on top for the reason that supposedly 64bit is faster, my hardware supports it and I enjoyed building my htpc commencing from scratch.