Thread: Windows 7 Media Center has not updated TV channel guide listing

Windows 7 Media Center has not updated TV channel guide listing

At my home I have Suddenlink digital cable. Few days ago Suddenlink updated new channels and removed couple of channels. I am using the Windows 7 Media Center but on this system the TV guide listing is not updated (still cannot see 5 channels). So I made a reset of tuners so that it can re-download everything again. I tried another list but still there are no updates. How can I get the updated list?

Re: Windows 7 Media Center has not updated TV channel guide listing

If you want to solve this issue, you will need to have a Windows Live id that can be registered. Using this id, you need to sign in on this page. Over there, click on the "provide feedback" link and then just follow the configuration wizard after entering all relevant information. Now it will ask for 8-digit numeric ID for the channel lineup as shown in WMC. It contains the zip code and cable provider. Then it may also ask you other information like channel number and station names. The update process may take a few days or weeks.

When you configure the TV module for Windows 7, Media Center uses an MXF file that contains all the information on satellites: Transponder, ID and frequency channels. Unfortunately, the file dated last year is obsolete. In fact, there are channels missing or not working due to changed transponders. We must therefore still do a complete scan of the satellite which will find almost 1500 channels that are often misclassified.

I have the simplest way to solve this problem. To do this, go to Start and type services.msc into the search field. Then search Ehsched service, double click on it and check the startup type to Automatic state. That’s it. Everything will be updated automatically now.

The channel chain many be configured in the MXF file, yet it does not appear in Media Center. But you can manually add them by accessing the menu Tasks> Settings> TV> TV Signal> Satellite Transponder Search> Search Simple Transponder and complete the following values:
    • Frequency
    • Symbol rate
    • Polarization

This scanning system transponder will not work every time. It depends on the reception quality and the frequency in question. If it does not work, then try again!

I don’t know what you are trying to do exactly. I don’t think that there is any problem with the Windows 7 Media Center. I think that the problem must be with your channel provider. As far as I know that TV Guide data is updated automatically based on zip code and service provider. There is no way you can assign channels manually in WMC but you can edit existing channels I think.