Thread: Windows 7 Media Center vs TBS software came with TBS6922 DVB-S2 TV Tuner card

Windows 7 Media Center vs TBS software came with TBS6922 DVB-S2 TV Tuner card

Recently I have installed the TBS6922 DVB-S2 TV Tuner card in my Windows 7 computer and this was easily picked up by Windows 7 Media Center. But I am not really impressed with the quality of HD image. The images were not sharp and not as same as Freeview HD. The Tuner card also came with TBS software which I have not installed and used till now. Should I need to install that? Should I get any significant difference between the Media Center vs. TBS software?

Re: Windows 7 Media Center vs TBS software came with TBS6922 DVB-S2 TV Tuner card

I don’t know much about the TBS application. The Windows media center is the perfect suite for all your needs. It gives you the tv guide listings and schedule recordings which you may not see on the TBS software. Generally many people use TV tuner cards with Windows media center only.

The image quality completely depends upon the connection and your monitor screen resolution. The software has nothing to do with that. Make sure to use hdmi connection in order to get the HD picture.

Re: Windows 7 Media Center vs TBS software came with TBS6922 DVB-S2 TV Tuner card

I think that you have installed lots of codecs and due to this you are losing the image quality. You should not need codecs here unless for some certain file formats. I have heard that Windows Media center does not tune TV channels well. In order to get the good quality image, I recommend you to go for DVBLink TV Source.

One thing you always have to make sure is that you are getting proper signal from the cable or dish. Otherwise there will be some kind of hardware fault in your TBS 6920 card. If you don’t wanna use the Media Center, then you can try other DVB software viewers (applications) like DVBDream. But before that I urge you to do a transponder scan once using the Windows 7 Media Center. To do this:

Go to Windows Media Center -> Tasks -> settings -> TV -> TV Signal -> Satellite Transponder Scan -> Single transponder scan

I am sure that Windows 7 Media Center does not completely support DVB-S2 tuning. This is because there is no way you can specify Modulation, RollOff or FEC Rate. These modules must be needed or specified when tuning DVB-S2 channels.

To your original problem: for me the HD channels were also found on the transponder search and also appeared in the overview. If I wanted to start one of these stations, it shows me an error message. The problem was that was activated for the corresponding channel has no source in the channel processing option. For that reason I have now installed the DVBLink and WIN7DS Tweaker filter.