Thread: Working with HTPC HDMI 5.1 and TV sound streaming

Working with HTPC HDMI 5.1 and TV sound streaming

For the past a small number of months, I have comprised and been streaming my video content commencing from my HTPC to my PS3, then PS3 to TV utilizing PS3 Media Server. This set up has been working completely by correlation of HDMI to my TV then optical out of the TV to my beneficiary. The entire my correlations go to the tv via HDMI and I acquire at least 5.1 digital surround sound to pass through. Well at present I acquire the bright idea to utilize Windows Media Center (Windows 7) and essentially utilize my HTPC for its full intended use and cut out any transcoding compression. Need some help here.

Re: Working with HTPC HDMI 5.1 and TV sound streaming

I had to utilize a program called Moninfo to comprehend the accurate EDID of the receiver, generate an innovative .inf file and load that to facilitate as the monitor driver. The Windows observes your receiver as a monitor. This cured my predicament and the 5.1 and 7.1 alternatives then appeared in the configuration settings for my hdmi audio apparatus in windows.

I determine to definitely endeavor that Moninfo. On the other hand, my receiver does not have encompassed the HDMI. I had connected the pc to my TV unswervingly as HDMI and my optical out directly to my receiver. I tranquil have comprised a 2.0 merely through my optical out. Is it for the reason that it thinks the optical out is going to the TV. They are two dissimilar drivers it seems though. I have comprised the similar setup and have been struggling with the similar issue.

I had just recently build an HTPC commencing from side to side the ATI HD 6570 Card. This card apparently sustains or maintains 7.1 Audio in excess of HDMI. I had connected HDMI to my TV and Optical Out commencing from TV to my receiver. Whatever I do I am merely receiving 2 channel audio output and not 5.1 my receiver pre-dates HDMI atleast they were not that with the intention of common then. How be able to I acquire to hear 5.1 sound commencing from my receiver and utilize media center to play the entire movies/recorded TV programs.

I have comprised the HDMI working with from my Zotac motherboard into the Onkyo 608 Amp and then commencing from side to side the AMP to the TV via the HDMI out. The predicament is my AMP maintains flickering HDMI, Multi Channel on the front illustration display of the amp and its essentially creating a clicking noise. You hear a diminutive bit of the audio other than then cuts out and then comes back and the HDMI and PCM sign flashes a small number of times and for a few seconds there is sound and then it cuts out the entire in excess off again.

Is there a setting in the Onkyo 608 or no matter which I necessitate to do to windows to acquire the whole thing working faultlessly. Do I necessitate to put out of action the onboard sound card via bios or something to prevent perhaps a conflict. In addition just presently to note my amp is set to HDMI. Through mode other than I have tried the entire the other modes and the same thing happens.

It is interestingly sufficient I install XBMC onto my windows 7 and when I played the similar then .mkv file it essentially displayed DTS as an alternative of Multi Channel on the visual of the amp and played unbelievable surround sound until it started cutting in and out the entire in excess off again flashing HDMI on the front visual of the Onkyo 608. Maintain windows 7 and just presently purchase an ATI 5770 which sustains or maintains DTS HD MASTER and DD 5.1 TRUE HD.

I had gone into the settings in XBMC and position the audio out to digital and receiver which sustains or maintains AC3 and DTS is checkered and when I play a movie in XBMC it at present says DTS on the Receiver commencing from side to side the HDMI logo displayed additional than as on top of the entire in excess off again it merely lasts a few seconds perhaps 20-30 seconds then cuts out all over again and the DTS sign disappears and the diminutive HDMI logo on the top left of the Onkyo 608 Visual display flashes and then comes back and the DTS is displayed again.

When I test the speakers, the every speaker misses the primary and subsequent or so of the test tone. The amplifier switches up to 5.1 when the test tone set in motion, missing the first second or so, and then hit it off in. It resets back, on the other hand, connecting each tone. I have encompassed and been vaguely planning to roll back the NVIDIA driver to observe if the predicament goes away, or wait for an to bring up to date and anticipate it gets fixed, other than have not gotten around to it yet. On one occasion in a movie, the sound is stable, so it is not a big deal for my setup.