Thread: Want to build a HTPC for stripped edition of windows 7 with Windows Media Center

Want to build a HTPC for stripped edition of windows 7 with Windows Media Center

Want to build a HTPC for stripped edition of windows 7 with Windows Media Center. I had figured out the following forums which might be the place to acquire a diminutive assistance with this. I had just position together my first HTPC utilizing a number of old/spare parts I had. I desire to install a bare minimum Windows 7 that determine to boot directly to WMC. I have it set up at present but it's the full Windows 7.

Re: Want to build a HTPC for stripped edition of windows 7 with Windows Media Center

You be able to utilize vLite to customize a Windows installation previous to installing. I have encompassed not utilized it myself, and I am pretty convinced it works through Windows 7, other than I imagine you have encompassed a Windows 7 DVD then it creates a .iso image commencing from it and lets you customize what you desire/do not desire on it, and I think you be able to add stuff to it as well. You be able to then burn the .iso back to a blank DVD, or setup a USB pen drive to install from.

Re: Want to build a HTPC for stripped edition of windows 7 with Windows Media Center

Does it set the USB drive up to be bootable. On one occasion the .iso is completed, try utilizing the Windows 7 USB download tool to create the USB drive bootable and copy the .iso to it, or you be able to do it physically through command prompt and open the .iso and copy and paste the files to it.

I am working with Media Browser 2.2.3 on my present HTPC install and thought I might acquire ready for when Cronos comes out as I have encompassed fundamentally managed to destroy my install when I have encompassed and been mucking around through things on it media browser seems to be hanging in there though the whole thing.

At present I be familiar with Media Center is not a fast program and Media Browser to some extent suffers for the reason that with the intention of it and the developers have completed a fantastic job considering other than my thoughts are that to facilitate if I had a stripped down version or description of 7, Media Browsers and Media Centers response when navigating capacity be a bit closer to XBMC which I have encompassed merely ever tried other than dismissed due to no good live tv and live tv recording in the app.

Now the article has a small number of superior suggestions as to what be able to be eliminated other than I was wondering if anybody else has several thoughts as to what else be able to be eliminated, maintaining in mind I be supposed to maintain the whole thing that permits me to play games similar to Teeworlds or several other games I might desire to play want to maintain the option there even though I do not utilize my HTPC for games.

In addition would like to be familiar with if anybody has completed this previously and originated that it creates Windows Media Center faster and additional responsive. My idea is that with the intention of if there is superior discussion here and it does create a difference to performance that to facilitate a guide might end up on the knowledge base too.

It gives the impression of being to be good, just presently have to statures out how to acquire it, how to utilize it and how to install Media Browser on it and then how to organize Media Browser when it is on there. Additional than it looks similar to if it works it is the best alternative out there that I have encompassed and seen or heard of. This is an enormous piece of hardware particularly if you e able to acquire a streamlined version of just presently MC on it.