Thread: Is it possible to connect PC to TV via wireless HDMI?

Is it possible to connect PC to TV via wireless HDMI?

Hello friends, just move to place a new house and wanted to run a cable from the PC to the TV with the help of the wireless HDMI, so is it possible to do it. I am trying to work it out for me, but could not find the proper method to work. Following is the specification which I am thinking to work with. Can you please help me, with this? Thank you.
    • Netgear PushTV ptvu1000
    • D-Link DPG-1200
    • Warpia StreamHD
    • IOGear Guwavkit2
    • HDelight from Brite view

Re: Is it possible to connect PC to TV via wireless HDMI?

If you are having the Intel Wireless Display technology which is been built-in and the Netgear ptvu1000 is not proper one to use it. Let me tell you that D-Link DPG-1200 is just a media streamer, which only plays the media over the network. I am little confuse that what are you using it, well the IOGear Guwavkit2 is the wireless HDMI kit which is converting an analog VGA signal to digital, it is been there on the eBay and even it is there on Diamond but it does not have the analog to digital converter and if you try to get it from the Rocketfish then you will able to get on the cheaper rate.

If just wanted to do Stream the videos from PC to your TV which is having a network connection and also you wanted to play some of the media files over it; then you have to connect the TV to your wireless network, for which a wireless router is been required. There might be wireless adapter options available from the TV manufactures. If not then can try the IEEE 802.11B/G Router/Xbox Wireless WIFI Dongle Bridge, which is been available on eBay. If not able to connect the TV to a network then I would suggest that you better use the WD TV Live, it is also really nice.

Well the PTVU1000 is the universal model and it is been compatible and work with anything, if you wanted to read about it, then refer here and check it about it. Well the PTV1000 and PTV2000 are been specifically made for the Intel Display Technology. So is there need to have a wireless video out to TV. Earlier I was running HDMI cable from the PC to the TV. Let me tell you that TV is not having the network connection and I have gone through the Diamond and Rocketfish but both of them are not selling in my country. I think need to import it.

If you are not able to run through the wall, then would suggest that run a HDMI cable under the carpet and would say that use the fish wire to pull it. Let me tell you that the heavy gauge HDMI cables are been working very much well and best for long time run. Even you will be using it then better check it. But some of the wireless HDMI systems will not go through walls as they are been designed for short distance line of sight.

I am not having the carpet to run it and door also closes very tightly. If I try to run any of the cable room then it will make the door unusable. For me Wireless will work, besides that nothing will work. I have checked the reviews of PTVU1000 have founded it to be decent, but if trying it does anyone has try it and also not found anything which it that it is line of sight and getting it art cheaper rate.

Well the Netgear PushTV ptvu1000 is not to be a HDMI extender and it is like the point to point UPnP Wi-fi device and the HDMI is the uncompressed video where the UPnP over WiFi is highly compressed. So there will be major change in the quality, not founded the bit rate spec in the manual.

Well I am running it at 1360x768 resolutions and no having the crystal clear and also 100% perfect replication. Not a video watcher type. I have checked the reviews of the Netgear and founded to interesting, if you search then you will be able to get the review and tell me that it is worth to get it or not, just wanted to connect the PC to TV.

Let me tell you that the Wireless high-quality video solutions do not exist, it is very much expensive. Even it is not in demand, if you try to purchase it then it will be charged more and very much expensive. , if you don't care so much about quality, use a wireless DLNA media streaming device on a compressed title and get a receiver and plunk it down next to the TV, connecting IT to the tv via HDMI