Thread: How to use ATI Remote Wonder with Windows 7 Media Center

How to use ATI Remote Wonder with Windows 7 Media Center

Hello friends, has anyone has the method to work with remote wonder with the Windows 7 Media Center. But I have tried many of the things to work it but it has not been work and cannot get back full functionality. Let me tell you that I am having the ATI HD650 TV tuner which is working with windows 7. So does anyone has any tip to make it work for me, so please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to use ATI Remote Wonder with Windows 7 Media Center

There is no actual method at present. I am also having the Remote Wonder as well, sometime ago I have gone through an article which has stated that it is not been compatible with Media Center. I believe that many of the things might be changed till now, cannot see anything. There should be some of the plug-in, which I am also interested for and searching for them. Also having the TV wonder, which is not compatible with it, but the remote works very much well with PowerDVD if you have install a plug-in for it.

I do not think that it might be for Windows 7, it might be for Windows Vista, so the vista plug-in will not have any effect to the media center. There was a site for the plug-in and I have tired and did not found interesting about it and it will not work.

I am using the Media Center with the remote and all of the functions are working properly. If wanted to go back a page, or forwarding, even with the choosing files, play it, pause, etc and many other thing. Let me tell you that I am using the driver 6.0.0.210 which is been very older one from ATI. If you wanted to have then I would suggest that you better install the 3-04_rw_enu driver package for XP from ATI's website, once you install it then after that let the Windows Update apply the newer driver for it. If you will try it then it will work for windows 7, even for Windows XP and Vista. Let me tell you that you never install the Jungo update from Windows Update, if you install that then it will make the remote useless and after trying on and off for a long time. I have seen the problem and there is no solution for it.

Whatever you have said is correct and having the Remote Wonder II and which steps who have told me then I have already tired them. Well it was successful worked for me, but the problem is that it is not having the full media center functionally; the back button is not working for me. Rest of the things is working for me but the back button is not work then it is really frustrated for me. Thinking to use the MEC-Joy plug-in and use the Xbox controller as remote.

That is much interesting and I am checking that can use the Logitech Rumble Pad 2 game controllers to work with it, I am having it and trying to working with the Media Center. But the chart which is shown about it functions, so the button 16 does work as back button. I think that Remote Wonder I and II different from it

I am having the ATI Remote Wonder, it is first version, it was not been working with it. Using the 3.04 XP drivers which works in Vista but installed it on Windows 7 then it does not work for me. I have followed with the 29KB ATI driver from windows update and run atirw.exe. So please help me also so that it also works for me.

I would suggest that install XP 3.04 driver in normal mode. Whenever I try it and it is complaining that it cannot register a .dll or two. So need to ignore. Then I have done with the installation and reboot the system. Then install the driver again for a second time and reboot again it was working fine. After that you can do have the Windows Update if you want