Thread: Is there any method to stop Media Center from locking screen/mouse?

Is there any method to stop Media Center from locking screen/mouse?

Hello friends, having multiple monitors and love to watch movies on one and doing other work on the other monitor. Love to use the Media center, it is really great. But facing a small problem with it, that it locks the monitor & mouse which is been open on and it is not allowing me to other work on other monitor. Really frustrated with it, so is there any method to turn off the feature in the media center and enjoy working with it. Please tell me, thank you.

Re: Is there any method to stop Media Center from locking screen/mouse?

Actually there is no method to turn it off, but I would suggest that you better press alt+tab or the win key to get the mouse back on to the screen, beside that there is no media to turn the locking feature off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshwari3 View Post
    Actually there is no method to turn it off, but I would suggest that you better press alt+tab or the win key to get the mouse back on to the screen, beside that there is no media to turn the locking feature off.
    If I am clicking on the Media Center then it unlocks the mouse and it is not happening all the time. If I clock on off the media center every time then all of the monitor start flicking and reset, if I try to do it from another screen or back onto the MC then also the same. It is really bad that there is no method to turn it off. Is there anyone has any type of solution to solve it.

I was searching for the solution for this then came across with a tool which is been made to solve the problem which you are facing with Media Center. Just click on the below link and try to get it for you, not knowing much about but I think that it is a program which resizes the window which will be as bigger than your display and you will not able to see the border and it appears to you as full screen but actually it not the full screen and it does capture your mouse. It is very much better and good to use, in my opinion.
    MCE Multi Mon

If it working like that it will be something which be doing it every time. Or it is working in the background when it is been installed. Does anyone tell me that how does the program works, as I keep on dragging the windows from one screen to another and during that time I do not wanted anything should be locked on any of the screens.

I think that it puts an icon on the taskbar and when you are wishing it to have in full screen then you double click on the icon to resize it and even you again double click on it then it will be back to the original size. You can send it to any of the screen, just need to right click on it and select "send to". It is not a big size file for download, well I would suggest that you better download it and remove it if you do not like it. It does not anything else; it is an exe file only.

If you do not know that how to use it, then below is the method to use it, so just follow the steps and install it.
    • Extract "MCEMultiMon.exe" from the .zip which you will get from above mentioned link
    • Run "MCEMultiMon.exe"
    • A new monitor icon will show up in your taskbar.
    • If you double click the icon Media Center will open and show up as maximized on your secondary display.
    • While Media Center is running a double click the taskbar icon to toggle between full screen and windowed mode.
    • Single click the icon to get a menu with more options (right or left click - doesn't matter)
    • If Media Center doesn't go to the right place, select "Settings" from the menu and edit the screen sizes/positions as needed.
    • You can use negative numbers for the screen position if your secondary display is to the left of your primary display.

The only solution to solve the problem is that you better use the Maxifier, as it is the best one and solve the problem which you are getting and I have already faced the same problem earlier; I would suggest that you better search for “The Maxifier” and will be getting the appropriate link which is having the setup file and also the instructions to work it.

That is really great, if it working for me. But before I use it let me tell that I have 4 monitors connected to computer, in which three of them are 19” and one is of 46”, all of same brand, Samsung. So I wanted to have a program which works all of these, so you have any idea about it? I have read the article about it and it was stating for 2 monitors only.

Well the Maxifier is the best and it will work fine with the four screens also. I using it with the 4 screen setup, but do not knowing that how to do it and work it out. If it is been configurable then can tell it which screen would like MC to run in and it will always push MC to that screen and unlock the mouse.