Thread: Is it possible to stream videos on xbmc and other media server

Is it possible to stream videos on xbmc and other media server

What I have comprised and gathered regarding the XBMC, and its helpful in collecting several media type resources to a central location commencing from which media be able to be accessed. I am giving impression for the opposite of this; to be assorted according to their destination media commencing from a central location to one or a number of remote clients. I would like to be familiar with if it is possible to stream commencing from my XBMC setup at home to, actively cause something to happen say, my office PC. Perhaps through somesort of web-interface to choose video's, pictures or music.

Re: Is it possible to stream videos on xbmc and other media server

As an alternative, does anybody be familiar with of a Mediacenter or FTP program with the intention of might present this, along through XBMC's characteristics similar to gathering cover-art, IMDB ratings and the additional features to facilitate make XBMC appealing. Nothing similar to that exists yet. I predict most of them determine to observe something like that in regarding 4 or 5 years when additional users have internet connections that hold up it.

The Plex a Mac program pedestal on xbmcs source code has a server backend for their compilation called Plex MEdia Server, which be able to at present be installed separately commencing from Plex even on windows. This program positions your complete library online and be able to stream and transcode the files on the fly. The merely catch, recently or freshly, is to facilitate it only streams to PLex clients and in addition, an innovative add-on for xbmc called plexbmc.

On the other hand just presently a small number of weeks ago somebody in excess of on the Plex discussions has begun developing a php webapp to facilitate be able to stream the content into your browser and tranquil gives you the entire of the rich metadata and images of xbmc/Plex.

This is attractive sweet, and you ought to be capable to work it on windows beneath Xampp, on the other hand I have comprised and not gotten it working myself yet. Just presently I am going to google for the development thread for getting more information on this topic.