Thread: Which is a good hdmi extender with xbmc

Which is a good hdmi extender with xbmc

I have not seen this product comment upon in the forum previous to, as I was surfing approximately the web attempting to locate an affordable alternative to being capable to send my XBMC output to multiple TV's in my home, I came across this StarTech HDMI in excess of IP Extender commencing from side to side Audio. I had just presently order one to test out be supposed to have it installed this weekend, one pleasant advantage is the usb ports facilitate you to plug an IR receiver or a wireless keyboard and have encompassed complete control in excess off the master unit commencing from the room to facilitate has the extender.

re: Which is a good hdmi extender with xbmc

I determined to be curious to observe what type of lag there is. This product work through a single feed. If you desire the similar movie commencing from side to side out the house at the similar time this is the product for you. If you desire to be capable to select what to watch commencing from separate tv's at the similar time this product determine to not work for you heads up.

I in addition went to StarTech's sales contact commencing form and suggested they position a number of demo videos on youtube. So determine to maintain an eye out on youtube. I had suggested they demo the apparatus connected via wired correlation to a home router and a desktop commencing from side to side a wired network connection; additional than then in addition demo it through a notebook connected via wireless to a home network, other than by means of the device connected via wired to demo the response time.

My anticipate is to do away through having to bother commencing from side to side an HTPC or smart TV and just presently run no matter what I desire commencing from a notebook or superior tranquil a tablet from my couch and if I desire to hear or view it in excess off the lounge amp and TV I be able to just presently choose the TV as a mirrored monitor, etc.

It took me a diminutive trial and error additional than I had acquire the unit working for my purposes. It is worth noting with the intention of I have encompassed and it 4 wired PC's in my house, an additional for wireless devices accessing the network at several given time cell phones, ipads, etc, the entire connected to a 4 port gigabit router and an additional 8 port gigbit hub linked off to facilitate. The entire my wiring is cat 6 throughout the house, so the whole thing tends to shift along at a pretty good clip.

When I dismissed up the initial movie/video (1080p) and 2 channel sound. I became aware of a lot of video/audio freezes and pops in the image was not at the entire what I was anticipating for. Subsequent to a diminutive messing around it appeared to facilitate the lag was commencing from the ethernet hop from the router to the hub. On an occasion I plugged mutually the pc and the HDMI extender to router and bypassed the hop across to the hub, the entire my tribulations seemed to go away.

The video and audio played dexterously and to my delight there was no noticeable postponement in sending the IR in excess off the Ethernet as well. I did not notice several loss in video or audio quality additional than then the entire in excess off again I was setting this up for a diminutive 32" magnavox tv.

In addition the worth noting to facilitate it actually did not seem to be effected when I had position a number of pressure on the network. My video is the entire store on separate NAS apparatus so essentially the video was being fed across the network twice. On an occasion commencing from the NAS apparatus to the PC and then from the PC to the extender.

It is assembled with downloading a 6 gig video off usenet and playing a subsequent movie commencing from an additional XBMC machine from the extremely similar NAS box, I noticed no performance problems from the StarTech device. All in the entire I was quite impressed through the unit for the price, and am earnestly thinking regarding to add a second unit to feed the additional one.

I was capable to acquire my XBox DVD dongle to run through my HTPC's USB port commencing from side to side an adapter. I had acquire a lirc installed and it recognizes the dongle just presently extremely well. The problem I am working with into is I have encompassed an XBox Media Extender remote, seen here, and at the same time as it worked wonderfully through the XBox and XBMC, a lot of the buttons are not recognized by lirc.

Re: Which is a good hdmi extender with xbmc

For illustration the numbers 1-9 work additional than the hash and star buttons do not, the volume and channel switch are not recognized utilizing irw to acquire output, the center green switch is not recognized, as well as a small number of others. So, my queri is, is there an additional driver for the dongle to facilitate I might try it. Messing around through my keymap would not do no mater what, I imagine, at the same time as lirc is not even recognizing the button codes.

Re: Which is a good hdmi extender with xbmc

There are a wide range of HDMI solutions available on the market. If you are looking for a long range HDMI Extender solutions I would recommend checking ( Part # HDMIEXT3D-100M). I have used these units with great success.