Thread: How to Stream TV from one Media Center to another

How to Stream TV from one Media Center to another

Does anyone know how to do it? Currently I am using the 2 Windows 7 Media Center systems. One of them is installed with TV tuner card to stream the TV channels directly from the service of satellite broadcasting. However I would like to pass the streaming from one Media Center to another so that I can view it at a time on both systems. Is there any way to do that?

Re: How to Stream TV from one Media Center to another

I don’t think that the Media Center streaming can be extended. However you can make use of The media center. As far as I know that this extender will store content in one computer and can be shared anywhere in your house. It can also record the TV program either manually or scheduled and shares the same central schedule TV recordings to all. You can try Linksys Extender was about $300

If your configuration is based on Client server then only it is possible. But the sources say that it is not possible on Media Center. The usefulness of a computer's hardware purchase for use on another computer can only be used with other software that I list below.
    • Mediaportal
    • Gbpvr–
    • DVBViewer

and then you have other software that all they do is to stream what you're looking for other customers such as:
    • ProgDVB
    • DVBDream

I would recommend to use Mediaportal because it is quite comfortable. The MediaPortal on your installation you choose to be the server and client. That is, the server you install on your computer where you have your TV card and the client on the laptop, it's that simple.