Thread: DELL inspiron 15r - HDMI output to tv not working

DELL inspiron 15r - HDMI output to tv not working

Hey,
    I have a DELL inspiron 15r laptop. i recently bought an hdmi cable to connect to my tv. But it's not working. i tried connecting and restarting my laptop but nothing happened. All i can see is a blank screen on the TV. Actually, the laptop doesnt show that it the hdmi output is enabled. When i go to the external monitor settings it only shows two devices mobile PC and VGA output display. Is there an HDMI driver missing in my laptop. Please help.

Re: DELL inspiron 15r - HDMI output to tv not working

first of all you should have video cable to physically connect. You can connect your computer to TV by utilizing standard VGA ports or through DVI to HDMI cable whichever your TV supports.

After that launch the Display settings and activate the output to TV screen. You can have either mirror content or dual monitor setup.

Now you should pick up TV remote and simply switch to External Inputs from menu and you should go for External Inputs from menu. After that you should go for Video 1 to the different selection which could be HDMI 1 or Video 2 on the basis of how do you made the connection.

Finally you should connect the cable with TV before you are supposed to boot the system since it could fail to detect the external display.