Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot get xbox to connect to wmc

MediaCenter

Old 09-11-2011

Cannot get xbox to connect to wmc

I am having major trouble trying to get my xbox to connect to wmc as a extender. I have connected the xbox directly to the pc and added it to wmc. Wmc goes all the way through the extender process and says that it is ready. On the xbox when I go to the test connections screen it even says that It is connected to wmc. But when I try to open the wmc on the xbox I get the contacting screen for along time then I get the WMC startup sound and it goes to the error could not connect message. I have disabled the firewall and the virus scan and there is no network involved so that shouldn't be the problem either. I can't figure it out.

Old 10-11-2011

Re: Cannot get xbox to connect to wmc

Which operating system are you trying to connect the xbox to windows media center? First try to connect your console to your home network using a wired or wireless connection. Remove any previous connections if you have any. Go to My Xbox, and then select Windows Media Center and select Continue and write down the 8-digit setup key. After that start Windows Media Center on your computer. go to Tasks, and then click Add Extender. When prompted, enter the 8-digit setup key and click Next to complete setup.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > MediaCenter
Tags: , , , ,