Thread: Video quality in Windows Media Center 7 worse than VLC

Video quality in Windows Media Center 7 worse than VLC

When playing MP4 video (from Digital TV Recorder) with WMC7, i noticed some lag in video playback. The problem is even during the credits, "jumps" to the text then virtually through the image. I have therefore updated my codec’s back times (Shark007). Unfortunately, it shows virtually no improvement. Also, a faster computer with more powerful GPU shows the same effect.

The obvious was that the video is the problem, interestingly, the same film but runs with the current version of VLC absolutely perfect, not a jerk. Has anyone seen the same problem and knows a solution? Is it to use VLC's codec / decoder for WMC7? Is it possible to install VLC as a video player in WMC7 (as a plug-in)?

Re: Video quality in Windows Media Center 7 worse than VLC

If you can play the recording in VLC, then it is not a Windows 7 live TV recording, because the rule will be created as WTV, VLC cannot play and they run only with the MS decoders, since at least helps with WTV-HD is also not a codec pack or a different codec.

Since you talk of MP4-material, so it's not a normal DVB-T/C/S video stream (TS) from a TV card and what have you for a "Digital TV Recorder" which is a standalone device? The records you are converting it to 1:1 or MP4.

This is from the PAL 576p resolution (576x720 with 25 frames per second), so it is somehow converted already, because the SD TV programs are broadcast 576i (50 fields per second). Why so VLC is clearly better than MC7, I do not (yet) and the material has with 719 Kbps of course, only VHS quality, but maybe there's a way to download without logging in once a demo.

I am aware of your graphics card and other hardware, but Media Center 7 software be supposed to check the settings and set to 50 Hz as possible.

Oh, here I was a bit unclear: My "Recorder" is the Internet Service OnlineTVRecorder.com. With him, it is possible to load a large number of television shows to include as MP4 file on the computer. Particularly clearly the difference is mainly in slow pans, for example, at position 00:02:40 or mean motions as at position 00:11:30. Can you tell the difference between VLC MC7 and reproduce them on your system?

Now I can understand your problems. In VLC and PowerDVD 10.0 runs clean the video, in WMP 12 and MC7 but also in XBMC and MPC-HC it comes to. This has nothing to do with the codecs, since my Shark007- Default settings using the MS decoder, but also with the ffdshow decoders is the result of the same.

So i think the error is probably due to the video output of the player.TS = Tranport Stream, this is the video container in the example, all TV / video streams are packed. By renaming your demo is in my MC7, WMP, If that's you with my settings W7CP 2.6.5 is not running,