Thread: 3D-TV in media center

3D-TV in media center

Now that slow the topic "3D TV" gets going, I would like my Win7 32bit media center "3D-ready" to make. What interests me: how about some 3D TV from, how it is disseminated at present Astra already have, such as Sky and the Astra 3D demo channel? The channels I receive both, but I see on my (normal) plasma only a 2-split screen. It would only be appropriate to include a 3D graphics card and a 3D-capable TV (which graphics card?)? Might be a solution nVidia 3D Vision kit with a matching monitor? Unfortunately one does not see an indication of what combination brought someone already successfully up and running. Particularly the issue of graphics card is so sensitive when I read the many articles on small blocks. So, where the early adopters are here who have successfully run the media center BluRay 3D AND 3D-TV on? Thanks for any advice!

Re: 3D-TV in media center

Regardless of the 3D hype will quickly be over, you will need a HDMI 1.4 video card or 3D starts an NVIDIA GT 240 (220), a completely new 3D Blu-ray Disc-certified full-HD TV or Beamer and the right to the equipment and / or software, 3D shutter glasses. Then you have to get one more of the 3-5 on the market 3D Blu-ray disc titles and then you can enjoy 3D, provided your sources are using PowerDVD or TMT 3 3D (3D?) Or NVIDIA VISION 3D. If it is not even a handful of Blu-ray disc in 3D, then what are 3D content e.g. SKY 3D be (all your recordings)? This may still be in feature films almost exclusively "pimped" 2D sources or old 3D "chestnuts" that were originally produced for the chromatic or polarization glasses and how can a HTPC from the video stream (e.g. Windows 7 WTV-HD), the 3D signal be able to be decoded in real time, there are already solutions (hardware and / or software for a HTPC)?

3D TV is not so problematic at the time when you get cheap DLP projector (HD Ready) for 600 $ + shutter glasses and you be able to start the fun going on. (But what is DLP nothing anyone can use, by means of "good" eye sees appropriate Color Blitzer damn good, as a result I had to send my projector back unfortunately) On the other hand, one must not forget the entire story, that 3D has its drawbacks. In addition to it's not "see" many people have it can also film disadvantages caused by technology is another focus placed on the image. This might lead to the lost details in the pictures go, since everything on the central element in the picture focused, yet the football shots are changing, because you have to shoot different.

Only problem is that my graphics card is not capable HDMI1.4. Is not a problem as long as I do not plug the part of the 3d-capable AV receiver. Therefore, the 5770 connected directly to the TV and thus can be quite excellent look 3D. But the sound is bad, because stereo and generally only Checkerboard 3D output. The 3D effect is therefore not dolled quite like that. Problem is at this point, unfortunately, PowerDVD, support for the new 3D TV only Checkerboard output. I once read in forum that is to change, because many do not support the new 3D TV Checkerboard.

I am also of the opinion that "3D" is more than just hype. When I see in what quantity 3D cinema films are, how many cinemas have already invested in 3-D technology all these films then come out soon on 3D Blu-ray. Sky will also invest in expensive, not without reason 3D equipment to start a 3D TV channel. There are more and more 3D broadcast material. And the TV manufacturers encourage this course be happy to get rid of their screens. No, it's been more than hype. But too much is invested. Are there no nVidia graphics cards with HDMI 1.4?