Thread: Windows Media Center black screen and no audio after resuming paused TV

Windows Media Center black screen and no audio after resuming paused TV

Last 2 weeks Windows Media Center unexpectedly reboots; displays black screen as well as lack of audio subsequent to resuming paused TV; states that I am in conflict by means of an additional channel which I am not watching. Has an update influence this? It functioned well on RC as well as the previous few months of full license. Any thoughts what is causing this trouble? I am making use of Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. I have reinstalled Windows Media Center as well as the driver but it does not assist.Thanks in advance for any suggestion to get rid of this issue.

Re: Windows Media Center black screen and no audio after resuming paused TV

I would like to know some things regarding this.
    a) Could you please supply the accurate error message you obtain after resuming paused TV?
    b) You said that “Windows Media Center abruptly restarts” Does this occur at what time you resume paused TV? Have you observe if WMC reboots at what time performing a precise activity?
    I will also recommend you to check the event viewer logs for additional info on this problem as well as let us know.

At what time I restart live TV there is no error message. It just presents me a black screen after that ultimately the picture comes back and seconds afterward the audio. It restarts frequently when Windows Media Center is minimized, or else when I minimize it. It does frequently save the only some seconds of TV I missed for the duration of the restart. My computer is connected to the Internet for most of the occasion I do not observe how it would be a trouble anyways. The troubles occur at what time I am online.

I do not consider anybody be able to offer a solution because I have not heard back recently. Once more Windows does not function in some means and all of a sudden at what time it had been functioning well. Not anything had changed from my point. It’s most likely best I go back on the way to Blaze TV software - I know Windows be able to manage that.

I have the similar trouble, If attempt on the way to go rewind the screen goes black furthermore no audio, a little afterward picture appear back however not for all time the audio. I am making use of windows 7 ultimate as well as combo windows media center compatible video card.The PC is not attached to the net as a result it is by no means been updated. As a result it's not an update issues or else a driver issues for the reason that it used to work entirely well.What I originate is at what time my hard drive begins filling up this trouble starts occurring. On one occasion I delete a fair bit it starts functioning fine once more.

I guess I cannot discover any help by means of this? I have reinstalled the driver which defaulted as the 32bit one however at a standstill similar trouble. As a result, I am having the same problem by means of that and 64bit drivers. I am doubt if a Windows Media Center update altered something to cause this. It appears fine till recent times. I am able to always go back to Blaz TV. I do favor Windows Media Center although. Anyhow, thanks for everyone interest.

Yes, mine is the same. When I try to use rewind/pause/skip-back to flick around what I am watching, the screen often goes black andthe sound goes for a while. Most times it eventually comes back but sometimes I have to restart.

First thing that i will advise you is to check for the event viewer log and then see what it is showing. To Start the Event Viewer you should go to the Start>Control Panel>System and Security> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer. So if you can then go through the same and paste your log here so that i can give you proper solution for same.

Quickest way to the event veiwer is right-click My Computer and select Manage, then open the event viewer.

I've been monitoring the event viewer and nothing (Media Center log, System or Application - or any of the others actually) of interest in there. Just the usual....

A quick way to repro the main issue is to pause/resume quickly. It is not 100% but repro's the issue about 20% of the time. Sometimes coupled with a black screen.

Tommorrow I'm going to try with ffdshow & Haali Matroska Splitter. I used those on Vista and I wonder if they are any good with Windows 7.

Finally I have found someone with an identical problem! I was pulling my hair out over this.

If I an watching Live TV and skip back sometimes the video stop showing, it goes black, sometimes the sound stops playing and sometimes both. Also, most of the time when I press pause the screen goes black as well. All worked like a dream in Vista but in Windows 7 it is unusable. After reading the previous posts I checked all the event logs but there was only the normal information event messages.

I know it sounds a bit off, but I'm thinking of returning to Vista it is that bad. At least I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by NVidiaMan View Post
    Finally I have found someone with an identical problem! I was pulling my hair out over this.

If I an watching Live TV and skip back sometimes the video stop showing, it goes black, sometimes the sound stops playing and sometimes both. Also, most of the time when I press pause the screen goes black as well. All worked like a dream in Vista but in Windows 7 it is unusable. After reading the previous posts I checked all the event logs but there was only the normal information event messages.

I know it sounds a bit off, but I'm thinking of returning to Vista it is that bad. At least I am not alone.
    This seems to be the issue with the Windows 7 Compatibility. First thing that i will advise you is to check whether your Graphic Card is compatible with the Windows 7 or not. If it is compatible then it might be the problem with the graphic driver which is not showing the compatibility with the Windows 7. In that case i will recommend you is to uninstall the previous driver and download the latest driver from the manufacturer site and install the same to check whether the issue got resolved or not.

I am so happy. I am SO happy, I just want to cry. It is fixed. No more yucky black scree after skipping back or pausing. No more audio dying. Life is soooo good again.

The fix is simple. Although it IS a registry hack and so DANGEROUS. Ge it wrong and you could be rebuilding your Windows 7 PC. Be warned!

1. Start->Search

2. Type in regedit.exe

3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Applications

4. Select the key {a0cd8951-e5b6-462-9c9c-d56c5b38ca59} and delete it.

5. Get out of the registry.

6. Restart your machine.

That is it.

Like the walkermat user I doubted it would fix my issue. But it did. And I am soo happy!

Thankyou NvdiaMan. I just tried it and and have not seen the problem again yet. Does anyone know what the Key is is and what it does?