Thread: Album Info not visible in Windows Media Player 12 on Win 7

Album Info not visible in Windows Media Player 12 on Win 7

I have a brand new system has came with Windows 7 pre-installed in the same. It came with Windows Media Player 12 in that. I am trying to rip a album. It is a new CD that was purchased recently and has some drm issue. The audio files were rip properly but there is no album art visible. I tried to find the art online but nothing was found. It is just blank color. Is there a way to fix this out. I think after ripping the songs from DVD, Media Player must be able to build up the album art and other related to audio info.

There is on need to re-install Windows Media Player. You just need to reset the old settings and then check back whether it is working fine or not. Go to Tools and then click on Advance. There you can find a option called as Restore Media Library. In that you can simply get back your settings. That is the best to get old ratings with album art and other related music information. Re-installing is just a waste of time. Sometime the audio has some issue or incomplete information due to which you are not able to get complete album info.

re: Album Info not visible in Windows Media Player 12 on Win 7

I did all these steps and now thanks to you and your dumb idea, i lost all of my music from my library. It is still in the my music folder, but it won't go into my library anymore, please help me fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by christisalive14 View Post
    I did all these steps and now thanks to you and your dumb idea, i lost all of my music from my library. It is still in the my music folder, but it won't go into my library anymore, please help me fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    I think you just have to right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually drag and drop that file into your my music folder. You can get more information or suggestions from here - windows media player not adding any of my music to library!!!

They are already in my music folder, they won't go into my library though. I've even tried restoring my computer. Thanks to the direction of the nit wit earlier in this post I'm screwd!! It's very frustrating to me to know that there are a lot of techies out there and yet none of them have come up with a solution that works. i looked at that link, and i've renamed the folder and a new one pops up, then deleted the old folder, like the guy earlier in this post said to do. Nothing works it keeps saying it is corrupt. I've done everything I can think of and there's nothing else, I can't use itunes because it requires a convertion of music and i don't have permission to convert the songs. With that in mind. Please give me a solution I haven't already tried. I've been at this for almost 10 hours, so that's going to be very hard to do!!

Codecs Missing...I Think...

I try to rip a CD to my computer, but it shows this message. Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. Then when I click on web help, it shows this :
    Windows Media Player error
    • You've encountered an error message while using Windows Media Player. Additional information is not currently available for this error.
    • A common reason why files don't play is that you might have the wrong codec on your computer. For more information about codecs, see Codecs: frequently asked questions.

The best way to get the codecs reinstalled for the Windows Media player is through reinstalling the Media player . You had mentioned that you had accidentally deleted the file so the only way to get all the codecs of the player back is by reinstalling the software. The codecs is one of the important things that has been developed for every player and without it, the Player would not function at all, so it is better to reinstall the same.