Thread: IR hardware not detected - Win7 solution

IR hardware not detected - Win7 solution

I was getting this problem after installing Windows 7 on my computer. I was already having the Media Center and IR device setup which was working fine on the Sony Vaio laptop that I am using. After that I fresh installed Windows 7 and then went to setup TV. So, after following the wizard to identify cable box and such, I started getting the above error message. When I checked in Device Manager then everything was shown working. Then I checked an article in which it was written, to solve this issue we need to have 2 IR blasters connected into the back of the IR transreceiver. So, I tried it and it worked fine. After this is done, then we can remove one and I also found out that you can plug the headphone hack in and it will do the same thing.

Fixed mine sort of

I was having a TV wonder 650 card and was also getting the IR not detected in Windows 7 OS. I was also having a Verizon Digital adapter box for my computer. So, to solve this issue I went to setup route and after that the Media Center looks for channels, then I picked up manual setup. After that I picked up Antenna signal and also the analog for that. So it started to search more and but it didnt find any channels. After accepting that I went to the main settings page in the Media Center. So, then I picked TV and then Guide, and then picked to add a channel and after that my problem got solved.

I think that you need the IR equipment because without it, you will be not having a key feature of Media Center. You can surely set the Media Center to some channel manually and tune it as well, but that will not help you when you are not at home and want Media Center to record something.