Thread: Media Center freezes unable to re-install it

Media Center freezes unable to re-install it

Windows Media Center fails to start on Windows Vista. There is a icon on the screen. When I click on that I got a error saying that media center has stopped working. I had added Xbox 360 recently on the system. I had added it as a extender to the system. So somehow it should work. I had followed all the proper steps in configuration of the same. Should I re-install the same. Will that work.

It is corrupted. The Media Center has some serious failure in it. Due to which you are getting that error. Yes by re-installing the same problem will be solved. You have to go in Control Panel > Uninstall program and re-install the same once again. It is not at all complicated to re-install it. And then run Windows update to find important fixes. Then try to run the same back again. When did you started using Media Center. Is it was used before also.

The problem lies with windows update. You can re-install media center but do not update it. There are some known bugs which cause this failure and the only way to fix it is to remove old updates. If you are getting error like fail to initialize properly then it is recommended that you must try to re-install it from scratch. But remember that do not update. Just add all required codec and check back.

re: Media Center freezes unable to re-install it

i kind of have the same problem. when i click media center on the desktop/or in start menu all i get is Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.i can't even get into my media center to watch tv

please help

p.s i have a pic if that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Media center does not work well with Windows Vista. Re-installation is necessary to fix this kind of problem. But before that you can try to run system restore. It is one of the best option to get easy fix. There are some easy to use option that allows you to restore your system back to old time and fix a number of things. Vista is quiet buggy in media center configuration.

re: Media Center freezes unable to re-install it

i have a vista, microsoft windows xp media center edition 2005. i don't really know a lot of stuff about computers. at first the live tv was working for media center.. then the tunner got messed up so i reinstalled that with the disk. now media center dosen't wok at all. when i try to run it all i get is the message.