Thread: Handling of Album Art in Media Player 12 is a disaster

Handling of Album Art in Media Player 12 is a disaster

I always keep album art active on the screen. It is much easier to identify a song through album art. I am having a large list of songs and all of them belong to different album. I was using Windows Media Player 11 before and it was working well. Later on I upgraded the same to Windows Media Player 12. After upgrade the album art is screwed up. Nothing was visible. I am using a 64bit version of Windows 7. I did not like the interface of windows 7 also. It is not complicated to get the old settings back. What are the settings that can fix the album art listing.

That is reason I do not really love to upgrade the edition of anything in Windows. I had gone through the same problem in media player a month ago. I am having around 600 and above songs. It is very complicated to play something from the song list. The album art act as a kind of category for the song that you are listening. I got the issue after update. Later on I wiped out the new edition and then re-installed the old one. I sync all the songs with media player and it was working fine. You will need to revert back on the old edition and sync all the media files.

Re: Handling of Album Art in Media Player 12 is a disaster

I was trying it a way for this. The album art is buggy in new edition. But in on the older edition which is Windows Media Player 11 this use to work quite fine. You must check in the folder of your songs that there is a cover.jpg file available. If that is missing or not available then kind of problem appears. I am using Windows 7 and it came installed with new edition. In that the album art is well displayed. It is better if you try to sync your audio folders in media player and then check back. It will work properly.