Thread: Problem: Command Line Option Syntax Error. Type Command /? For Help

Problem: Command Line Option Syntax Error. Type Command /? For Help

I am already tried to download each and every version of Windows Media Player and when it tries to install itself then I get the above error message stated in the title. I cannot figure out why I am getting this error? Is there anyone who can help me out to install WMP on my computer? Thanks for any input.

re: PROBLEM: COMMAND LINE OPTION SYNTAX ERROR. TYPE COMMAND /? FOR HELP

You will need to go to the below link and download the most recent version of Windows Media Player that is available:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...s-media-player

Note, that if you have Windows XP then you can install till WMP version 11 and if you have Vista then you have already got the same version preinstalled in your computer.

Re: PROBLEM: COMMAND LINE OPTION SYNTAX ERROR. TYPE COMMAND /? FOR

There are people who have send me attachments with Windows Media Player and if I go to uploade and play them, then it says that I need to download the latest version in order to view the attachment and when I am trying to do that, then I get the same error message. Also, when I try to open Windows Media Player on my pc then also I will get the same error message? Any help?

Re: PROBLEM: COMMAND LINE OPTION SYNTAX ERROR. TYPE COMMAND /? FOR

Just go to Windows Explorer and then in C: drive find the program files folder and when you will scroll down you will find a folder called Windows Media Player. Double click to open that folder and then check the icon for wmplayer.exe, simply right click on that with your mouse and then select to send it to desktop. It will them make a new media player icon on the desktop, that you can use to start media player. After running WMP, you have to go to media players options and check for small dropdown menus and then choose more options from there. After that go to file types and then select all file types. Hope this will help you out.