Thread: Drivers for HP Expresscard Digital/Analog TV Tuner and Compatibility with Vista MC

Drivers for HP Expresscard Digital/Analog TV Tuner and Compatibility with Vista MC

I need some help here. I am using a Windows Vista computer. It is a 32bit system. There is a HP ExpressCard installed in the same. The card came with the system. I am trying to configure Windows Vista Media Center on it. But to some extent I failed. I had attempted that a number of time but it does not work. I had also tried to perform live update and that also does not work. I checked in Windows Update and found some relative driver updates. But that also does not work. My Vista Media Center is no ready to read that card. Any idea how to make this thing work.

Even if the TV Tuner card started working then there is very less chances that it will work in Vista. This is limitation of windows media center. It does not read any hardware which is not compatible with it. I had tried to configure a hauppaugue card that failed to work. Later on I found a vista media center certified card on the official site and it worked. There is also problem with the tv signal. If that is not compatible or not proper to stream on the system then also live tv will not at all work. The more you can do is go online on the official website and get some new drivers update.

You must try to use windows update. That is one of the best way to deal with the problem. If windows update cannot find anything for you then it is a complete waste of time in looking for drivers. Another thing you can do is use some third party media center software. There are many available on the web. You can download that and install it in your system. I am using a open source media center which is cable to stream video from the tv tuner card and it really works well.