Thread: psprinters08

psprinters08

Facing an irritating problem with my XP Media Center Edition 5.1 desktop. Whenever I boot my computer, I get an error message window saying “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available." There is a drop-down box that gives me the options of browsing for it at "c:\hp\tmp\src\setup\PSPrinters08.”

Apart from this error, there is OK and Cancel button. No matter I click ok or cancel, it produces one more error saying “Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product PSPrinters08. The Windows Installer cannot continue.”

When I click OK on this error window, first one appears again and this repeats upto 5 times on every reboot. I tried searching web for this but dint found anything. Can anyone here help me out? Many thanks.

I just started having the EXACT same problem and I could not describe it more accurately.....So, Does anybody out there have an idea of how to fix this problem?

Left to my own devices, my suggestion to myself is to completely uninstall the HP software and reinstall.

The file it is looking for is definitely not on my computer -- I do not have a "tmp" folder under C:/hp. My printer works fine so I have no idea what has prompted this error.

Please excuse my ignorance, but could you explain what is meant by 1) more information and 2) a more appropriate forum. In an earlier thread, CarolZ described in detail the error messages she was getting and I am receiving the EXACT same msgs -- What other information would be helpful?

Re: psprinters08

I don't know who CarolZ is or what "the EXACT same problem" may be, but I do
    know we need more info to help.

Offhand this doesn't sound like a Media Center issue, you might want to
    consider reposting on a more appropriate forum.

Re: psprinters08

Reply to all,
    I now understand why you wanted more information. I also agree that this is most likely not related to Media Center, so, thank you and, adieu.