Thread: Media Center Receiver Service Error Message

Media Center Receiver Service Error Message

I dont know why but am continuously getting some kind of error message from Media Center Receiver Service and although I am able to close the message but it keeps coming back after a few minutes but note that when media center is not running then I get this message. The error states that "Media centre receiver service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

And when I click for more information then I get the below error:

Error signature:
    szAppName: ehrecvr.exe
    szAppVer: 5.1.2715.3011
    szModName: Indiv01.key
    szModVer: 11.0.6000.7000
    Offset: 000abbfa

This error actually started when I downloaded and installed Windows Media Player 11 on my computer and I have already tried to roll back the WMP but that doesnt seems to fix the issue. I would be glad if anyone can found a solution for this issue.

Did you download and install K-Lite Codec Pack in your computer, if so then I would recommend you to uninstall it from your pc and then then try to open Windows Media Center and see if the error message goes away or not, I had a similar case too and when I uninstalled the Codec Pack, then the problem seems to have disappeared.

Re: Media Center Receiver Service Error Message

Even I am getting the below media center receiver error:

azAppName: ehRecvr.exe
    szAQppVer: 5.1.2710.2732
    szModName: ntddl.dl
    szModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
    offset: 0001b1fa

Can anybody help me as well.

Could you please tell us when did you start to receive this error message? Did you try to change some setting recently in your computer or have you installed some updates or some new applications in your pc? Have you tried to do a system restore to a time before you were getting this annoying error message?

This is very frustrating! I have the same error with just a few differences:

szAppName : ehRecvr.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2710.2732
    szModName : IndivBox.key szModVer : 11.0.6000.7000 offset : 000b11c9

But the problem is still the same... the little popup window every 30 (If that long). I tried to do a system recovery and that didn't fix it either. So, I am lost as to what to do... because it seems I can't go back far enough in time to correct whatever went wrong... Any helps in ending my frustration would be greatly appreciated....

UPDATE:
    This fixed my error message!!!! So happy! What a blessing not to keep clicking send on those stupid error messages!!! :) Hallelujah!!!
    Last edited by PiperAnne; 05-02-2010 at 09:55 AM.

What fix?? What did you do to get rid of the pop ups?? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to get rid of them.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!