Thread: HDMI input to Media Center

HDMI input to Media Center

I am facing problem with the HD set top box in my system. The model is motorola vip 1910. The set top box looks to be working fine, but somehow the hdmi output is not working with Windows Vista Media Center. I am using S-Video connected to the TV tuner car directly and that is also not working. I thought HDMI would be the best option to stream content directly from the pc to the HDTV. But there is some problem with media center. I can share screen but somehow it is not responding well.

Find the right cable and it will work. You can find the compatible drivers from online shopping site. There are many media center compatible cables are available and you can find it very easily at a very reasonable rate. You can find a the information on the web easily how to configure media center with proper cable. The set top box is the easiest option to configure and stream media but that is going to work on common standard only.

First of media center does not work with non compatible or non standard cable. You can see on microsoft website, some products are officially certified to work with windows media center. And it only works. There is no other option available. As per my experience you can try connecting the set top box through hdmi. Through screen sharing you might be able to view video but there is less chances that media center remote and settings will work on the same. You have to buy the most compatible product only. Another way to test this by using a internal TV Tuner card.