Thread: Media Center Install: "Please insert the Compact DIsc labeled....."

Media Center Install: "Please insert the Compact DIsc labeled....."

There is some issue with Windows SP2 CD. I had performed a clean setup but still I am getting a popup on the screen saying that it needs cd. It is asking for a compact disc for finishing the installation. I am just at the edge of completion. I had inserted the disc but it takes nothing from it. I am having a iso file that I had downloaded from msdn. I created 2 disc of that file. At the time of setup the first error that I got was setup failed due to some invalid error code. Later I retried the setup and it worked but at the end there error keeps on appearing. I am not able to get a proper fix for the same.

The error appear in your system can be due to some missing system files. It is not installed properly and that can be due to incomplete installation. It is recommended that you must start the same from scratch. It is recommended that you re-install the same entirely and then check back. Also the edition of iso file you had downloaded check that is proper and there is nothing missing. If any file or folder is corrupt or damage then this kind of error appears commonly. You can try to download the .iso file back again and see whether it is working fine or not.

Are you running the setup directly from the iso file. You must clearly mention the process of setup you are doing. Because if you are running the setup through iso file then there are chances that it will not work properly. Second thing if you are trying to install a older edition then it is recommended to get a new one. There are much newer edition available on the web that you can download and test.